DIGITAL FASHION ART COURSE
“ABOUT FACES”- digital fashion art course teaches you all about faces: front, profile and 3/4 angle.
while ALSO teaching you some elegant, fun, imaginative and amazingly versatile APPS on your iPad or tablet to sketch them with!
I have always taught art and fashion sketching with gouache, watercolors, pencils, ink pens…. and still do!
When and why did I begin teaching and making digital fashion art?
Exactly one year ago, though, I started exploring apps on my new iPad to see what they were capable of for drawing and illustration.
I was skeptical and resistant and found a LOT OF APPS I DIDN’T LIKE AT ALL!
And then, I had a breakthrough……….
I found one single app that seemed to open the doors for me. It felt right– and so
I FELL IN LOVE with them!
(and I”m still in love with “old school art supplies” too! We use them in my Signature SOULFUL FASHION Foundation I mersion semester course.)
REASONS why I adore digital art apps on a tablet, iPad or device.
- digital fashion drawing is clean and bright
- sketching tools in apps are easy to erase
- drawing on a device is versatile than you think
- digital illustration is clearer when you share it on social
- different art apps have different capabilities…. some are very slick and clean, some are more “organic” and natural in feel.
- digital art doesn’t HAVE to look flat, stiff, or lifeless
- apps are elegant and inexpensive
- you can use your iPad to create art anytime, anywhere, with no mess and nothing much to carry!
- a stylus is NOT required
- you can zoom in on your work for detail
- it’s easy to sign, watermark, and resize your images for different purposes. (I’ll teach you how I use an app to create and use a watermark!)
I’ll teach you my favorite apps plus some tools for watermarking your work as a bonus.
You’ll learn all of my favorite design, color, and drawing tips for faces and getting a fashion feeling to express however you see it!
I’ve been working with beginner to advanced students for 20 years at Parsons School of Design. Trust me.
Let’s explore, grow, and master these apps in the spirit of fun and expression!
Hi I’m Laura Volpintesta!- a 20 years freelance fashion designer/ illustrator and Parsons Fashion Faculty in NYC and online.
I’m also the Author of the Language of Fashion Design: 26 Principles Fashion Designers Should Know and co-author of the Fashion Design Reference and Specification Manual. I’m a Craftsy instructor (see my Designing with Fashion Flats class) , body positive and ethical fashion advocate, encourager, motivator, “cheerleader”, teacher! And a single mom-preneur.
Let’s find and bring out your voice and your skills in art and fashion!
IN THIS COURSE:
The face, head, hair and features….
Deserve some time and attention just for themselves!
They carry so much expression and have a lot of building blocks.
Let’s use the face as a vehicle to also explore some great simple yet elegant, w o n d e r f u l digital fashion art apps that you can use right in your iPad or iPad mini. They’re cheap, elegant and versatile and I used them to create the images you see on this page.
I can’t wait to guide you through four weeks of videos exercises, lessons and projects that will tap you into your creative expression and give you valuable experience and insights.
Receive 4 modules, each with an hour of video, demonstrations, and exercises- your signup gives you lifetime access to your course materials!
I look forward to meeting you!